Mars Petcare Career Pathways

Job Information

Linnaeus Student Veterinary Nurse Team Leader - Registered Veterinary Nurse in United Kingdom

Job Title: Student Veterinary Nurse Team Leader - Registered Veterinary Nurse

Location: NDSR

Job Type: Permanent

Salary: from £31,500

Hours: 40 hrs/ week – Full time – Shifts range between 7:30-20:30.

Your role and responsibilities

We are currently recruiting for a Student Veterinary Nurse Team Leader to join our experienced, friendly team. This is a full-time position that requires a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse with a real interest in training our next generation of RVN’s and leadership. Although a clinical bias role, this position forms an important part of our Nursing leadership team, working closely with and regularly reporting into our Training Nurse Manager.

Flexibility is required in your role. Whilst maintaining clinical nursing responsibilities on a regular rotation for approximately 80% of your time, you will be solely responsible for the direct line management of your own team of SVN associates. The other 20% of your time will be spent mentoring our enthusiastic SVN’s through their training.

You will be a Clinical Coach for up to no more than 3 SVN’s at any one time and will work closely with other Clinical Coaches to ensure the progress of the remaining SVNs within your team. In this role you will lead by example, practice excellent communication, and engage all associates in a professional collaborative environment, ensuring practice policies and group policies are always adhered to whilst providing outstanding patient and client care.

The successful candidate would be someone who wishes to continue to work clinically at a referral level, as a passionate RVN but has a desire for, or looking to expand their skills, within people management and development. Specifically in a clinical training capacity. Previous experience in leading a team, working with Nursing training colleges and 3-way reviews is desirable, but not essential. Training will be given.

You must fulfil the following requirements:

  • RVN with the RCVS

  • 3 years of nursing experience as an RVN

  • Have previously, successfully supported an SVN through their training

  • Clinical Coach qualification which is up to date

  • Have an excellent command of written and spoken English

  • Maintain a professional and caring approach in all aspects of your work

  • Provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK


  • 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave

  • Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program

  • Career progression opportunities

  • Staff discount schemes

  • Life Assurance

  • Enhanced sickness pay

  • Enhanced equal family leave

  • E-car salary sacrifice scheme

  • Employer contribution pension scheme

  • Wellness program including:

  • Employee assistance program

  • Eyecare voucher scheme

  • Free annual Flu jab

  • Cycle to work scheme

  • Recruitment referral reward scheme

About us

We are an internationally acknowledged referral centre of excellence for specialist veterinary care. Our RCVS accredited practice offers access to one of the largest groups of veterinary specialists within the UK and Europe. We are continuously aiming to provide the highest standards of medical and surgical care for our patients within a caring and compassionate environment. 

Our team consists of over 60 Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVN) and 31 recognised specialists in surgery, internal medicine, ophthalmology, oncology, neurology, cardiology, dentistry, diagnostic imaging and anaesthesia.

At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.

If you would like to apply for this role, please click the Apply Button or for more information, please feel free to reach out directly to our Referral Nursing Talent Acquisition Business Partner – Becca Thompson at