VCA Animal Hospitals Customer Service Representative in Torrance, California
VCA Pacific Veterinary Center is growing with many exciting career opportunities!
Are you a people person who wants to take your customer service skills to the next level? Is your dream job to work in a beautiful veterinary hospital where you will meet and greet some of the cutest little paws in So Cal? Do you have a kind disposition, outstanding phone etiquette, and endless compassion for people and their pets? If you answered YES, we want to meet YOU!
VCA Pacific Veterinary Center is located in sunny Torrance, CA.
We are eager to expand our team with energetic, polite, warm, empathetic, goal-oriented associates who want to make a difference in the lives of people and pets. If you have a desire to grow into a leadership role, there is plenty of opportunity for growth within VCA Pacific.
Why join our winning team at VCA Pacific? Here are a few reasons why our associates LOVE working here:
Access to the people and resources of a large veterinary community
Career development programs
Strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
Tuition support and sponsorships
Vet Tech license reimbursement
Free wellness subscriptions (Head Space)
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Life, long and short term disability insurance
Paid parental leave
Paid vacation and sick time
Why We Want You !
As a member of the VCA team, your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent by delivering an outstanding client experience—so we can provide exceptional care to every patient. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
Meet and greet clients and their pets.
Coordinate and represent all facets of client services.
To serve as a good will ambassador for the hospital.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent client service skills.
• Excellent phone skills.
• Computer skills preferred.
• Must be friendly, outgoing, “people-oriented.”
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Well groomed, organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to handle money accurately and honestly.
• Must possess sound decision making skills and multi-task while working in an
environment of stress.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma.
• Must have experience working with the public, i.e. restaurant, retail or service business.
• Experience in a veterinary hospital or other doctor’s office is a plus.
• Scheduling appointments.
• Effective determination, calm and cool composure under pressure.
• Authority to resolve client service issues within established guidelines.
• Dependable attendance is required.
• Any allergies to animals must be controllable through medication.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Must be willing to work Saturdays, and under pressure conditions.
• This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a minimum 8-hour day.
Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The pay range for this position is $17 to $22 per hour.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com