VES Hospital Specialist - Cardiology in Singapore, Singapore
VES (Veterinary Emergency & Specialty) Hospital is the first dedicated veterinary specialty referral hospital combined with 24/7 emergency care in Singapore. We are part of Mars Veterinary Health Asia since November 2022.
Our Specialist Veterinarian will deliver the highest quality veterinary care and an exceptional client experience. S/he advocates for pets and their quality of life; builds a long term bonding relationship with clients; contributes to the development and maintenance of the human-pet bond; educates clients and hospital associates on all aspects of pet health; mentors and develops an efficient, collaborative and productive veterinary medical team; and improves both the medical quality and business performance of the hospital.
• Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
• Deliver the highest level of veterinary care to every pet in a professional and ethical manner while ensuring the client and their pet have an exceptional experience.
• Establish trust and gain the confidence and compliance of clients through effectively delivering appropriate preventive care, performing complete diagnostic workups, developing thorough treatment plans, communicating home care instructions, and planning follow-up visits.
• Advocate for preventive care and adoption of wellness plans.
• Assimilate information gathered through effective history taking, physical examination and diagnostic workup to arrive at an appropriate and effective clinical decision.
• Lead veterinary team through the daily schedule and caseloads, delegating tasks to paraprofessionals and improving hospital efficiency.
• Practice veterinary medicine in a manner compliant with the Animal & Veterinary Service and VES Hospital’s Code of Conduct and Ethics, along with appropriate medical record documentation.
• Address and resolve client concerns arising from the medical care of their pet/s.
• Collaborate harmoniously with hospital team, peers, leaders and Mars associates, enjoying being a member of the larger veterinary community/profession;
• Partner with field and hospital leadership to design a career development plan which may include medical, surgical, communication and leadership skills.
• Strive to achieve performance metrics outlined by medical and field leadership.
• Demonstrate integrity and ethics in all actions and behaviors.
• Practice evidence-based medicine and preventive care when data or guidelines exist, using sound judgment when they do not.
• Charge for services rendered and products/prescriptions dispensed.
• Mentor veterinary student externs and students in summer jobs programs.
• Constantly strives to enhance medical quality, hospital efficiency and profitability.
• Other assigned duties.