VCA Animal Hospitals Outreach Coordinator in San Leandro, California
The Outreach Coordinator plays a vital role in expanding our network of primary care veterinarians (pDVMs), fostering strong relationships, and driving increased referrals and revenue. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys building relationships, thrives in an environment with performance goals and expectations, is a proven self-starter, and possesses excellent communication skills. In addition to relationship management, the Outreach Coordinator actively contributes to marketing efforts across various channels. With support from field leaders, including the Regional Specialty Marketing Manager (RSMM) and Regional Operations Director (ROD), the Outreach Coordinator will establish and execute strategies to help VCA Bay Area Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Hospital become the preferred veterinary specialty and emergency provider.
Increase revenue by building relationships with the local veterinary community so that they become aware of the service and care offered at the hospital.
Relationship Management with Primary Care Veterinary Community
· Meet primary referring veterinarians and understand the unique relationship we have with each hospital, identify opportunities for strengthening relationships, and, when necessary, repairing relationships
· Identify group(s) of hospitals based on their referral status (top, target, etc.) in collaboration with Hospital Manager and field team and set and achieve measurable goals
· Develop, and implement a plan to strengthen relationships and increase referrals at each hospital
· Coordinate regular visits to hospitals, including drop-ins, lunch and learns, meetings, etc. both on own and with specialists as needed
· Spend 3-4 days weekly actively visiting referral hospitals
· Participate in bi-weekly calls with Regional Specialty Marketing Manager (RSMM) and other Outreach Coordinators in NC
· Act as primary point of contact for all referring primary care hospitals, facilitating open and honest communication and feedback. Must respond promptly.
· Become familiar with each hospital you represent by understanding how information is shared, how the workflow process functions, know the staff and their respective specialties/roles, understand policies and protocols
· Ensure that referral policies, guidelines and recommendations are communicated effectively to hospital doctors and staff as well as referring hospitals and doctors, seeking opportunities for improvement and training
· Must be an advocate for VCA, including the hospital, region, and company
· Work closely with hospital leadership and the field team to maintain a consistent message, plan strategy, and resolve issues.
· Help coach hospital associates to improve their interactions and communication with the pDVM community
Data Tracking, Analysis and Reporting
· Strategize and plan hospital visits utilizing available tools and data
· Update CRM immediately following each hospital visit: contact information, doctor list, communication preferences, information about their hospital, concerns raised, marketing materials given, communication preference, etc.
· Track growth in revenue and referrals from targeted accounts to quantify impact using PowerBI and Microsoft Excel
· Provide monthly updates to hospital leadership and the field team on your progress on identified goals
· Update and maintain WOOFware referral database, ensuring data is clean for reporting and exporting
· Collaborate with Regional Specialty Marketing Manager (RSMM) on all marketing initiatives and channels
· Maintain hospital website, including doctors, services, photos, etc.
· Help develop direct mail, e-mail, and other communication strategies to keep pDVMs aware of hospital news, service updates, new doctors, and more
· Participate in the creation of an annual marketing plan
· Coordinate staff photoshoots and video shoots as needed
· Build communication strategies and materials that present VCA as a collaborative network of hospitals as opposed to competitive units
· Plan and execute pDVM appreciation opportunities and gifts
· Manage our social media, ensuring hospital content and cases are shared weekly
· Maximize our hospitals’ digital initiatives. Know VCA technologies to streamline flow for our pDVMs and clients
· Explore new and creative ways to interact and communicate with our pDVM community
· Help RSMM manage online reputations and look at strategic ways for us to improve online reviews as well as attract new reviews.
· Help RSMM with planning and execution of CE opportunities for the referral community and internal associates. Many of these events take place in the evening and sometimes on the weekends and attendance and assistance will be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Four-year degree from an accredited college in a related field is preferred
· 4+ years of experience in relationship-based sales or account management
· Strong interpersonal skills and a positive approach to people and problem-solving
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of veterinary industry and/or marketing is a plus
· Expected to remain calm, collected, and positive under high stress or high-pressure situations. Should always appear confident to the client. Must follow professional code of conduct and dress code.
· Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite, data analysis, and social media
· Ability to spend at least 60-80% (3-4 days/week) of time in the “field” – meeting with DVM’s in the surrounding areas; and 20-40% (1-2 days/week) of time in the hospital working on administrative tasks, so must be able to efficiently manage time
· Proven self-starter with excellent time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
· Due to the travel associated with this position, one must have the ability to maintain: 1) a valid CA driver’s license, 2) proper vehicle registration and 3) maintain the minimum requirement of automobile insurance coverage.
· Expected to adhere to all hospital and company policies, procedures and guidelines
$69,000 – 80,000 per year.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com