VCA Animal Hospitals Client Service Representative -VCA Mueller in Sacramento, California
VCA Mueller Pet Medical Center is seeking an experienced Client Service Representative to join our rock star team. We are an AAHA accredited, busy and progressive 24-hour emergency and general practice veterinary hospital with 14 doctors on staff.
Can you think on your feet, handle stressful situations with grace and enjoy working with clients in a fast-paced environment? This exciting full-time position is multifaceted, requiring a positive team player who is detailed oriented and has compassion and empathy for pets and people. At VCA Mueller Pet Medical Center, we take our mission statement – your pet’s health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal – very seriously. With every opportunity, we aim to exceed each pet owner’s expectations. We’re looking for a personable yet highly professional “service extraordinaire” to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets.
Why We Need You
As the face of VCA, the Client Service Representative sets the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities. The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for:
• Client service functions, including greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms.
• Scheduling and confirming appointments.
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments.
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions.
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control).
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
• Hospital maintenance (including removal of animal waste) and ensuring that the lobby is neat and clean at all times—both inside and outside.
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA Mueller, we can offer a variety of work schedules that can meet your work life balance goals. This full-time position pays between $17.50 - $19 per hour depending on experience as well as a $3 shift differential for evening shifts.
• Your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts, and more!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com