VCA Animal Hospitals Assistant Hospital Manager in Brookline, Massachusetts
VCA Brookline Animal Hospital is seeking a highly experienced veterinary professional to join our leadership team as an Assistant Hospital Manager.
The role demands a leader with the interpersonal and organizational skills to continue achieving our goals of delivering excellent patient care and customer service to our clients
The successful candidate will have experience in the veterinary industry and have strong leadership and client service skills.
The Assistant Hospital Manager—under the guidance of the Hospital Manager and Medical Director—performs a wide range of administrative duties related to the practice. This includes mentoring the staff and overseeing the business operations and maintenance of the facility; ensuring the business growth and profession of the practice; and supporting the hospital’s mission of delivering high quality patient care and exceptional client service.
Skills and Qualifications
• 2 to 3 years of veterinary client service
• Strong leadership skills
• Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
• The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
• Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and administrative staff towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service; assist in the formulation of objectives and policies to ensure efficient and profitable hospital operations.
• Oversee the hiring, reviewing, disciplining and terminating of professional staff, in accordance with and with the approval of the Regional Management team.
• Review the P&L Report monthly and partner with the hospital Manager and Medical Director to increase revenue and limit expenses.
• Model an “owner” mentality in hospital by demonstrating a willingness to assist all employees in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Supervise the administration and case review of client medical complaints.
• Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com