Champion Pet Foods Regional Sales Manager in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Our Vision and purpose
We want to be the Leader in Super Premium
Food and earn Pet Lover trust every day, so
Pets thrive for a Lifetime.
Champion Petfoods EMEA’s ambition
As we are planning to double our business
over the coming years and are now building
our organization and our processes to
support this expansion in a sustainable and
profitable way. We are looking for talents
that are passionate about pets and business
and who love working and developing in a
fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
Our EMEA headquarters are based in
Amsterdam but we are also looking for
talents that are based in their respective
Together with Champion Petfoods , Mars
Petcare and Mars Pet Nutrition will be even
better positioned to support pet parents and
fulfil our Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR
Sales Director, Europe
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining trusted key account relationships with distributors and retail partners and supports the International Sales and Marketing strategy through development of regional budgets, marketing investments and performance tracking (ROI), assisting in hiring, training, and support of high-performing team principles.
The Regional Sales Manager works out of a home-based office; extensive travel is required. The position reports directly to the Director, Sales Europe.
• Establish and maintain trusting key account relationships with distributor and retail partners.
• Provide leadership, training, and sales coaching to Business Development Managers; help them build their sales portfolios with distributors & retailers.
• 1st point of contact with distributor partners: collaborate with Marketing and follow thru on annual marketing plans, local marketing implementation, ROI calculations
• Develop and measure Trade programs with distributors and retail partners
• Set up and execute key distributor meetings & events.
• Implement the organization’s merchandising and branding standards.
• Lead the region with inspired sales programming, sales presentations, and product development.
• Develop business plans for key retail accounts and distributors and meet or speak with each monthly.
• Develop and conduct quarterly and yearly business reviews with key distributor and retail partners.
• Consult with distributors, retailers, and industry sources and report product performance, competitor, and industry intelligence.
• Achieve sales quotas and targets and report on variances.
• In cooperation with the Director, Sales Europe, provide input into product development and business planning.
• Assess market potential and distributor capability.
• Assess and classify retail accounts according to their sales potential.
• Provide leadership in industry trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions.
• Promote awareness and compliance of corporate policies, practices, and procedures with regard to health and safety and environmental issues and ensure that the business activities of the sales force and contract employees demonstrate a level of professionalism that promotes the Company’s corporate culture and industry image.
• Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or a related field.
• Minimum five years’ sales experience in pet food or a related industry.
• Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base regarding product, competitors, customers, and market activities, and communicating this knowledge in business planning meetings.
• Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
• Results-oriented with demonstrated business skills related to goal setting, budgeting and reporting, and analytical abilities to assess and interpret results.
• Mathematical abilities to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, volumes, etc., and to manage abstract and concrete variables.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated sales professional, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Industry and product knowledge, honesty, integrity, and trust.
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to develop and sustain successful business relationships internally and externally.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and good listening skills, with ability to work successfully with diverse groups as well as independently.
• Fluent in English and local languages, both written and spoken. Multiple languages a plus.
• Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe products.
• Works out of a home-based office, with flexibility to travel at least 50% of the time; travelling allowances are provided, as per company policy.
• Extended hours of work, as necessary.
• Ability to conduct presentations and meetings.