VCA Animal Hospitals Client Service Representative in Alexandria, Virginia
JOIN OUR FAMILY!
Are you looking to be a part of a hospital team that feels like family, while having the support and resources to push your career forward? If so, we would love to connect with you! VCA Alexandria Animal Hospital is seeking a Client Service Representative to join our one-of-a-kind growing 14-doctor practice!
Our hospital has been serving the DMV area since 1942. We are a state of the art, AHAA accredited, General Practice and believe in providing the best possible care to our patients. We are Client Centered & Pet Focused.
At VCA Alexandria we have a unique culture in our hospital that values each person’s individual skill and personality. Whether you are an experienced or looking for something new, our team is ready to partner with you.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care.
The position of a CSR is instrumental to our success in providing high quality medicine in a professional, respectful, compassionate manner. Hours are from 12pm to 8pm and include Saturday hours.
See below for some of the qualifications and abilities we are seeking.
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms
• Scheduling and confirming appointments
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control)
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence
• At least one year of proven past experience in client service
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Compassion for pets and people—as well as awareness and understanding of others’ reactions
• Proven decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action
• The ability to integrate new information into problem-solving
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including weekends
• The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com