VCA Animal Hospitals Veterinary Assistant in Abingdon, Virginia
(Can be taught)
• Catheter placement
• Anesthesia monitoring
• Physical examinations and patient assessment
• Surgical preparation and assisting
• Laboratory work
• Patient recovery
• Compassionate care for hospitalized patients
Any previous experience in an animal hospital a plus
• Flexibility in hours including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays
• Customer service skills
• Working knowledge of computers
• Excellent communications skills
• Capable of being cross-trained as receptionist and kennel assistant
• Team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments
• This shift can alternate from day to evening shifts
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com